Steven Gutierrez advises employers how to attract, incentivize, and retain talent and helps his clients effectively handle the varied challenges of the modern employment relationship. Steve understands that in today’s competitive landscape employees are one of a company’s greatest assets.
Steve helps companies protect trade-secrets, enforce restrictive covenants and meet with Unions to navigate the complex environment of traditional labor. Steve is also an effective advocate in court, has tried numerous cases before judges and juries, and on appeal, in complex labor and employment matters and other tort litigation.
Steve’s focus is to be practical and cost-effective. Steve has also developed proven solutions that help clients maintain compliance with federal and state laws. Steve’s day-to-day counseling and world-class training for managers, supervisors, and HR professionals on policies and best practices is essential to manage risk in the modern workplace.
Steve’s extensive experience providing strategic and tactical counsel in pre-litigation negotiations and resolutions; at hearings for and against emergency injunctive relief; at mediations; and before other administrative bodies, including the NLRB, EEOC, and Colorado Civil Rights Division has saved his clients substantially.
- University of Northern Colorado, B.A., 1990
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1993
Bar Admissions : Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Montana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Workplace Violence Prevention & Intervention Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- American Diabetes Association, Board Member, 2008-2010
Rate : $$$