Steve Brose provides oil and natural gas pipeline companies with leading representation and counsel on their most complex administrative, judicial, compliance, and transactional matters, including those involving rates, regulated practices, business opportunities, and safety. With more than 35 years of experience, he is highly valued for his ability to find alternative, innovative solutions to clients’ problems.
Steve has served as lead counsel in a number of the most high-profile oil pipeline matters to come before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), including cases for the largest North America transporters of crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids.
Some of Steve’s most prominent cases have involved the rates and practices of the largest crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines in North America. He has also long represented natural gas producers and processors in a variety of administrative and judicial matters involving royalty issues, abandonments, pipeline certificates, connections, and gas quality standards. Steve’s experience includes representation of government and private entities in major pipeline projects in the former Soviet Union and South America.
Steve frequently speaks to bar associations and industry groups on matters involving various aspects of pipeline regulation, and he has served as an expert witness on oil pipeline regulation in private civil litigation. Among other service to the bar, Steve is a past Chair of the American Bar Association’s Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Section.
He also donates his time and talents in the form of an active pro bono practice, including recently having won a new trial for an individual in Delaware who was convicted of two murders and was sentenced to death.
- House of Delegates, American Bar Association
- Past Chair, American Bar Association, Infrastructure and Regulated Industries (formerly Section on Public Utility, Communications and Transportation Law)
- Past Chair, Oil Pipelines Committee, American Bar Association, Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Section
- Past Executive Committee Member, Federal Energy Bar Association
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1972, Columbia Law Review, Articles Editor
- M.A., The George Washington University, 2013, History
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 1969, named Distinguished Alumnus, 2014
Rate : $$$