Steven Joseph is an associate in the Boston office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough where he helps companies and individuals navigate conflicts in the modern enforcement, regulatory, and business environments.
As a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Government Investigations Practice, Steve has guided individuals through investigations by the Department of Justice and defended against criminal prosecutions in federal and state court.
In addition, Steve counsels clients who have been victims of data breaches to help them investigate the incident, identify legal obligations and risks, and prepare appropriate responses and disclosures.
Steve also represents employers and employees in employment disputes and when trade secrets are threatened. When it is time to go to court, Steve represents entrepreneurs, local businesses, major corporations, and multi-national banks in a range of complex and commercial litigation.
- Boston College Law School, JD, cum laude (2011)
- Dartmouth College, BA (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Previous Professional Experience:
- Boutique law firm based in Boston, MA specializing in white collar criminal defense, internal corporate investigations, and complex civil litigation
- Member of the trial team that successfully defended the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families against a federal class-action lawsuit
- Representing current and former employees of a financial institution in connection with a Department of Justice investigation
- Counseled a training and compliance service provider through all stages of a data breach incident, including incident analysis and incident disclosure (i.e., notification in compliance with all regulatory requirements)
- Won summary judgment in an insurance coverage dispute on behalf of an insurer in New Hampshire Superior Court
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$