In his extensive legal career, Steve E.M. Hartz has litigated a wide variety of complex cases, principally in the areas of finance and white collar crime. A former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, he has prosecuted and defended an array of intricate fraud, tax, and regulatory criminal cases.
Steve’s current practice is devoted to assisting insurance companies, financial institutions, and major domestic and foreign corporations in government investigations and complex commercial, insurance, securities, and antitrust litigation.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1974
- A.B., Harvard University, 1970, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
- Assistant United States Attorney for Southern District of Florida, 1979-1982; Chief of the Fraud and Public Corruption Section; Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Guardianship Program of Dade County, Director Emeritus 2006-Present; Director, 2001-2006
- Director, Keys Jewish Community Center, Inc. 2011-present
- Licensed Amateur Radio Operator (Extra Class)
Rate : $$$