Steven P. Hollman is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Washington D.C. office. Steven P. Hollman has jury-tried patent, trademark, and advertising cases over his 30 plus year career and has successfully tried section 337 patent and trademark investigations before the ITC.
Mr. Hollman has handled numerous labeling and advertising disputes for major food companies, including class action advertising litigation, and for pharmaceutical innovators and Life Sciences companies. He also has put his advocacy skills to use arguing successfully before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In addition to his IP practice, Mr. Hollman has handled computer, internet, telecommunications and high-technology disputes, health provider, health-insurance and CMS conflicts, professional negligence matters, real estate and land use disputes, and employment litigation.
Mr. Hollman’s vibrant pro bono practice has included a broad range of civil rights and constitutional law cases involving claims under the First, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution, the Voting Rights Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, Title VI, and federal immigration laws.
He has been President of the Court of Federal Claims Bar Association, a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Bar Association for Maryland and a Co-Chair of the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs. He is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1983
- A.B., Harvard College, 1980, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Quarterly Journal Editorial Board, American Intellectual Property Law Association, 2017
- American Bar Foundation Fellow, 2011-present
- Court of Federal Claims Bar Association Board of Directors, 2006-11
- Federal Bar Association, Maryland Chapter Board of Governors, 2007-2009
- Washington Council of Lawyers Board of Directors, 1986-2017
- Board of Directors, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights & Urban Affairs, 2010-2017
- Co-Chair, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights & Urban Affairs, 2014-2017
Rate : $$$$