Steven D. Hurd has extensive trial and appellate experience, in both federal and state courts focusing on claims of alleged individual and class discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, FINRA, whistleblowing and retaliation, defamation, fraud, breach of contract, wrongful discharge and other statutory and common law claims.
Steve also advises clients on employment litigation avoidance, litigation strategy and alternative forms of dispute resolution. Steve is a partner in the Labor & Employment Law Department and co-head of the Employment Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group and Media & Entertainment Industry Group.
Steve helps his clients stay in compliance with the ever-changing employment regulations with respect to FLSA and state law wage and hour requirements by providing advice and conducting comprehensive audits.
Steve conducts investigations pertaining to reductions-in-force and individual employee terminations, and claims of gender, race, national origin, and disability discrimination.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1994
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1991
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Federal Bar Council
Rate : $$$