Steven Daniels has a broad-ranging corporate practice focused primarily on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, distressed transactions, securities law matters and corporate governance.
Mr. Daniels has deep experience representing publicly traded acquirors and target companies, and also has extensive experience representing private company buyers and sellers — including private equity funds and their portfolio companies — in a variety of transactional situations.
He frequently represents acquirors and sellers in distressed situations, and has extensive experience advising clients on the corporate aspects of bankruptcy proceedings and workouts, recapitalization transactions and “rescue” financings. Mr. Daniels also advises on issues of Delaware law, including fiduciary duty and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Daniels has represented numerous public and private companies as well as investment funds in connection with a variety of negotiated and hostile transactions, including mergers, purchases and sales of securities, assets and business units, tender offers, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, going-private transactions, special committee representations, and activist defense and preparedness engagements. Past representations include:
- Joyson Safety Systems (f.k.a, Key Safety Systems) in its acquisition of the global assets of Takata Corporation;
- Lendmark Financial, a Blackstone portfolio company, in its acquisition of certain loans and branches of Springleaf-OneMain;
- Armstrong World Industries in the sale of its European and Asian business operations to Knauf International;
- Enlivant Health, a TPG portfolio company, in its sale of a partial interest in Enlivant to Sabra Health Care REIT;
- Armstrong World Industries in the spin-off of its flooring business segment, Armstrong Flooring;
- Hemlock Semiconductor, an affiliate of Dow Corning, in connection with various transactional matters;
- Health Evolution Partners in a number of transactions, including its acquisition of American Optical Services and the formation of Halcyon Home Health, a home health rollup platform;
- Champps Entertainment, Inc. in its acquisition by Newcastle Partners, L.P. and Steel Partners II, L.P.
Mr. Daniels also has advised companies such as Exide Technologies, Delphi Corporation, Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc., Hanley Wood, Millennium Health, Sunbeam Corporation, HealthSouth Corporation and Polaroid Corporation on the corporate aspects of financial restructurings.
Mr. Daniels works extensively on the structuring and formation of limited liability companies and other alternative entities for use in private equity transactions, joint ventures and other complex business arrangements.
- J.D. Columbia University School of Law, 1995 (Managing Editor,Columbia Law Review)
- B.A., Queens College of the City University of New York, 1992 (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Chapter of New York)
- New York
Experience : Clerk, Hon. E. Norman Veasey, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Delaware, 1995-1996
Rate : $$$