Steven Kass brings extensive experience to a wide range of issues facing insurance companies and other financial services providers. In his primary role as a business lawyer for more than 30 years, Steve has represented clients in an array of transactional matters and has counseled on compliance and regulatory issues spanning the gamut from cutting-edge to routine, including:
- Corporate and securities transactions; mergers and acquisitions; business planning; contracts; corporate governance
- Insurance product development and drafting; securities registrations and private placements; repricing of non-guaranteed elements; reinsurance
- Insurance regulatory filings and hearings
- Regulatory complaints, investigations, market conduct examinations, and enforcement
- Risk assessments and exposure analyses, compliance audits, and best practices reviews
- Unclaimed property reporting, examinations, and self-audits
Steve also regularly participates in complex federal litigation with other Carlton Fields attorneys, bringing his extensive product, business operations, and industry knowledge to litigation teams defending claims involving insurance products, practices, and coverage.
Steve’s legal practice is informed by a strong financial background, as he was formerly a certified public accountant. And in the course of his legal representation of insurance industry clients, he has often interacted with company and consulting actuaries on product, reinsurance, and litigation matters.
Rate : $$$