Steven C. Kline has extensive experience in all aspects of complex patent litigation in the pharmaceutical and chemical arts, and he has represented leaders in these fields. Steve works with matters involving antipsychotic drugs, antiviral drugs, anticancer drugs, glaucoma drugs, hormone therapy, oral contraceptives, osteoporosis drugs, eye vitamins, contact lens cleaning and disinfecting solutions, medical implant devices, fluidized bed reactor polymerization processes, and carpet dyes.
He also has particular experience litigating Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) cases brought under the Hatch-Waxman Act.
- Represented AstraZeneca against Handa, Anchen, Osmotica, Torrent, and Mylan on a patent covering AstraZeneca’s Seroquel XR® formulation, and against Teva and Sandoz on a patent covering AstraZeneca’s Seroquel® molecule
- Represented Warner Chilcott against Watson, Teva, Ranbaxy, Amneal, and Impax on patents covering Warner Chilcott’s Atelvia® formulation, a formulation for the treatment of osteoporosis
- Represented Gilead against Idenix in a patent interference proceeding involving novel nucleosides, useful for treating HCV
- Represented Unigene and Upsher Smith against Apotex on a patent covering Upsher Smith’s Fortical®, a nasal formulation for osteoporosis
- Represented Pfizer against Barr on patents related to oral contraceptive pharmaceuticals, and against Barr on patents related to hormone replacement therapy pharmaceuticals
- Represented Bristol-Myers Squibb against Housey Pharmaceuticals on patents related to cell-based assays, and against Rhône-Poulenc Rorer, Inc. et al., on patents related to a semi-synthetic process technology for making Taxol.
- J.D. cum laude Tulane University 1989
- B.S. Tulane University 1986
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
Rate : $$$$