Steven Owen is a member of the firm’s Finance, Real Estate & Bankruptcy Services Practice Group. He is known for his strong dispute resolution skills, which help him efficiently facilitate terms of transactions and conflicts.
Admitted to practice before all Michigan courts and before the U.S. District Court for Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan. Steve also serves as a Commercial Case Evaluator for Ingham County where as a panel member he helps determine settlement values for pending commercial cases.
Steve’s passion for teaching and sharing his understanding of the law has included all areas of his practice. In addition to providing advice to clients, he has been an Adjunct Professor at the Western Michigan University Cooley Law School since 1990 where he has taught:
- Secured Transactions.
- Mortgages and Land Contracts.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Modern Real Estate Transactions.
Committed to the Lansing community, Steve is very involved. He sits on the Board of Directors for the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, Sparrows Nest, Love & Respect Ministries, and Salt & Light Global. In addition to his work on the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Steve is the Chamber’s Legal Counsel and is a member of its Executive Committee.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1976
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1973, with high honors
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$