L. Steven Leshin’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, including private equity sponsored buy-outs, public and private securities offerings, securities regulations compliance and corporate governance.
Steve’s practice focuses on representation of public corporations and private growth companies, with an emphasis on public and private capital markets securities transactions and mergers and acquisitions, including asset and stock acquisitions, sales and mergers, and leveraged buy-outs, in a wide number of industries.
His experience also encompasses private equity financings, corporate spin-offs and reorganizations, corporate governance and securities regulations compliance on behalf of public companies.
- Represented private equity investors in connection with numerous private leveraged buy-out transactions involving a wide number of industries, including medical device manufacturing, consumer products and food products manufacturing.
- Represented Cash America International, Inc. in its $2.4 billion merger with First Cash Financial Services, Inc.
- Represented General Motors Financial Company, Inc. and other clients in multibillion-dollar SEC registered offerings and Rule 144A offerings of senior notes, including convertible debt.
- Represented Cash America International, Inc. in connection with its 2014 spin-off of Enova International, Inc. to its shareholders.
- Represented clients in connection with sales of businesses, including AmeriCredit Corp., then a publicly traded NYSE corporation, in its $3.5 billion sale to General Motors.
- Represented corporations in connection with underwritten initial public offerings and follow-on public equity offerings.
- Represented publicly held corporation in connection with registered rights offerings to its stockholders.
- Represented trustee of family trusts in connection with the negotiation and sale of property to Southern Methodist University that is adjacent to the site of the George W. Bush presidential library.
- Represented clients on intellectual property issues, including patent licensing and enforcement, including representing a patent holder in connection with a patent licensing and enforcement program generating in excess of $100 million of licensing proceeds.
- Negotiated private equity transactions and general corporate, business and securities counseling to corporate clients, including SEC public securities registration, reporting, insider trading and proxy solicitation.
- Act as primary outside general and securities counsel to private and publicly traded companies.
- JD, The University of Texas, with honors, 1979
- BBA, The University of Texas at Austin, with highest honors, 1976
- North Carolina
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Rate : $$$