Steven Cowley focuses his practice on business litigation, specifically in mergers and acquisitions litigation, including investment agreement disputes, shareholder disputes, post-closing disputes, indemnification disputes, breach of fiduciary duty and D&O claims; intellectual property litigation, including trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation and patent litigation; and general commercial litigation.
Mr. Cowley also represents clients in antitrust litigation and business tort and unfair trade practices claims. He has handled litigation and arbitration proceedings in both state and federal courts and before arbitration panels throughout the United States. Mr. Cowley’s clients include technology and financial services companies, private equity firms and large public companies.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1989
- University of Connecticut, B.A., magna cum laude, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Duane Morris LLP, – Partner, 2013-present
- Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP, – Partner, 1992-2013
- Hale and Dorr, – Associate, 1989-1992
Professional Activities : Boston Bar Association
Rate : $$$$