Steven F. Mount focuses his practice on community development financings, including the Opportunity Zone program and tax credit programs using the New Markets Tax Credit, Historic Tax Credit and Energy Tax Credit. He also represents clients concerning partnership taxation and other real estate joint venture transactions, as well as issues concerning real estate investment trusts.
He is a regular panelist at the Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit and Historic Tax Credit Conference series, has authored BNA portfolios on the Rehabilitation Tax Credit, New Markets Tax Credit and on the taxation of real estate investment trusts (REITs), and is the author of several articles on Opportunity Funds, REITs and other issues.
- Harvard University, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- Muskingum College, B.A., summa cum laude, 1976
- Ohio, 1986
- New York, 1982
Courts : U.S. Tax Court, 1989
Memberships and Affiliations : Member, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Representing several New Markets Tax Credit institutional investors in investments, including some with Historic Tax Credits, side-by-side investments and short-term qualified low-income community investments.
- Counseling in the acquisition by a real estate investment trust of a shopping center company valued at US$1.5 billion and a major shopping center restructuring of US$350 million in assets into a tiered partnership structure.
- Representing a major New York-based investment bank in creating an international real estate fund with US$1 billion in targeted assets.
Rate : $$$