Steven C. Nock is a partner in the Real Estate Department in the firm’s Orange County Office. Mr. Nock is a real estate attorney specializing in commercial leasing, commercial purchase and sale transactions and real-estate secured loan transactions and workouts.
Mr. Nock has extensive experience with all types of commercial leases, including high-rise office leases, large build-to-suit warehouse leases, retail anchor and shop leases and industrial building leases.
Mr. Nock was in-house general counsel for 4 years to a group of subsidiaries of Pacific Enterprises (parent of Southern California Gas Company) that developed, leased, sold and syndicated apartment projects, business parks and mid-rise office buildings. During his tenure at Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Nock was “on-loan” for 6 months to Bank of America’s legal department, handling leasing and bank-owned property matters.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1980
- B.A., University of Dayton, 1977, Valedictorian
- Represented a building owner in negotiating a 50,000 square foot office building lease with Carolco Pictures, Inc. in West Hollywood.
- Represented Mossimo, Inc., in negotiating (i) its first retail lease at South Coast Plaza, in Costa Mesa, California, and (ii) its first wholesale showroom lease in New York City.
- Represented Whirlpool Corporation in negotiating a 766,000 square foot build-to-suit warehouse lease in the City of Ontario;
- Represented the Austin Company in negotiating a 50,000 square foot office lease with a profit participation in the City of Irvine;
- Represented Prudential Residential Services Company in reviewing and coordinating the assignment of all of its real estate brokerage office leases in California in connection with a sale of its real estate brokerage business;
- Member, Advisory Board, UC Irvine extension program for real estate developers
- Board Member, Irvine Temporary Housing
Rate : $$$$