Steven Quiring represents clients in a broad variety of corporate and transactional matters, with particular niche experience in all aspects of joint ventures. Steve has substantial experience in the structuring, formation, financing and governance of corporate and pass-through entities, including general partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
He also has substantial experience representing public and private entities, including public and non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs), real estate developers, investment funds and other businesses and investors in mergers, asset and equity acquisitions and dispositions, financing, public and private offerings of debt and equity and general corporate and governance matters.
Representative Experience :
- Joint Ventures and Pass-Through Entities:
- Representation of numerous real estate developers, REITs, private investment funds, other businesses and investors in structuring, reorganizing, negotiating and documenting joint ventures structured as general partnerships, limited partnerships or limited liability companies.
- Represent owner/operator of marina projects in multiple private issuances of equity and investments in joint ventures to acquire marina properties.
- Prepare independent contractor and reseller agreements for joint venture between U.S. based software firm and entity organized in Bahrain.
- Form private investment fund to make indirect investments, through other limited liability companies or partnerships, in marina properties.
- Represent investors in private acquisitions of partnership and limited liability company interests.
- Represent partners, members, and managers with respect to governance issues and disputes.
- Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Assisted in representation of NYSE-traded REIT in acquisition of portfolio of real estate properties and equity for approximately $250 million.
- Assisted private equity firm in acquisition of home medical equipment manufacturer for approximately $10 million.
- Represent oil & gas engineering and services firm in acquisition of assets, including separate purchase of personal goodwill, of energy field services company for approximately $1 million in debt and issuance of equity in new operating company.
- Represent privately held companies in various strategic acquisitions.
- Securities and Financing:
- Represent broker/dealer with respect to FINRA review of public offering of up to approximately $1 billion of common stock of a non-listed (i.e., “non-traded”) REIT, and represent issuer in multi-state regulatory filings related to offering.
- Represented private financial services company in approximately $3.5 million private financing involving sale and issuance of shares and warrants, redemption of certain outstanding common stock, and purchase of limited liability company interests.
- Represented company in sale of subsidiaries and related loan and contract assets for cancellation of various debt and agreement to pursue additional financing.
- Assisted in representation of issuer in Regulation S and Rule 144A offer of approximately €400 million of bonds and subsequent exchange offer for registered securities.
- Other significant representations:
- Negotiate and draft operating agreements, employment agreements, marketing agreements, management agreements, services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other types of contracts for businesses, investors and entrepreneurs.
- Prepare private placement memoranda (PPMs) and subscription documents for multiple private securities offerings, including investment partnerships formed to invest in other entities.
- Represent businesses with respect to corporate governance, compliance, and authority issues.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2002
- M.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- B.A., with highest honors, Rutgers University, 1992
- Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies – Italy, 1991
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$