Steven Peltin the firm’s Business and Employment & Labor practices. His work covers the gamut of employment and labor law. His advice practice is dedicated to helping employers solve problems such as employee discipline and discharge, leaves of absence, discrimination and harassment claims, and threats of employee violence.
Steve enhances employee handbooks and prepares and negotiates employment, confidentiality and non-compete agreements. He also counsels executives and professionals on employment and separation agreements, and assists with corporate transactions such as purchases and sales of businesses.
Steve has extensive litigation experience and represents public and private employers in lawsuits claiming discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge and violations of wage and hour, employee benefits, trade secrets and non-compete obligations. He also appears before local, state and federal administrative agencies and arbitrators in employment and labor matters.
- J.D., Cornell Law School (cum laude), 1983
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison (with distinction), 1978
- Washington, 1999
- Illinois, 1983 (Inactive)
- Seattle Theatre Group
- University Preparatory Academy
- Chair of Personnel Committee, 2011-2012
- Foster Pepper PLLC, Member, 2010-Present
- K&L Gates LLP (formerly Preston Gates & Ellis, LLP), Partner, 1998-2010
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Senior Counsel, 1996-1998
Rate : $$$$