Steven Press represents clients in a broad range of commercial litigation, intellectual property and trade secret disputes, with significant experience in bench and jury trials in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations and mediations.
As a member of the Firm’s Broker-Dealer/Investment Adviser Industry Service Team, Steven assists clients in interpleader actions, SEC investigation and enforcement proceedings, and routinely represents certified financial planners when subpoenaed for deposition or trial.
Steven represents several publicly held and privately owned automobile dealerships and counsels both groups on business and employment issues, handling the litigation or arbitration when necessary.
For his financial institution clients, Steven helps with loan workouts and litigates financial and covenant defaults and handles the collection process. Finally, he provides substantial business counsel to his clients including drafting employment contracts, protecting trade secrets, and assisting with mergers and acquisitions.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- State University of New York, Binghamton, B.S., 1994
- Georgia, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Represented several Fortune 300 corporations as local litigation counsel including trials and arbitrations.
- Successfully litigated and settled numerous trade secret cases.
- Negotiated the sale of several family owned businesses.
- Received a $1 million bench trial verdict on behalf of employee arising from an oral contract of employment and full judgment recovered.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association, Litigation and Business Law Sections
- Member – State Bar of Georgia, General Practice Section
- Member – Atlanta Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member – Georgia Automobile Dealers Association
Rate : $$$$