Steven D. Soden focuses his practice on toxic tort, environmental, product liability and climate change litigation. Steve is a trial lawyer with extensive experience defending clients in each of these litigation areas.
Steve has served as national, regional and trial counsel for many different types of companies in all aspects of litigation. As trial counsel, he has appeared in state and federal courts throughout the United States at both the trial and appellate level.
Steve has argued multiple cases in the Eighth Circuit and a state Supreme Court. Steve has experience in every aspect of pretrial and trial activity, including discovery, motion practice, settlement negotiations, expert witness development, jury trials and appellate practice.
He is experienced in mass tort litigation and class actions and has worked with clients in every aspect of the defense of their products.
While in law school, Steve published in the Missouri Law Review, was a member of its editorial board and graduated a member of the Order of the Coif. After law school, Steve served as a judicial law clerk to The Hon. Scott O. Wright, U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri.
- Defense of animal pharmaceutical company in mass tort litigation alleging a cancer cluster due to exposure to the company’s product, resulting in a defense verdict.
- Argued and prevailed in the Arkansas Supreme Court defense of Daubertrulings and jury trial defense verdict.
- Defense of a municipality in claims brought by a state water district, resulting in a defense verdict in federal district court.
- Successful defense of automobile manufacture in multiple product liability claims throughout the United States.
- Defense of multiple clients in the class action “Hot Fuel” ongoing litigation.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 1993
- B.A., University of Missouri, 1989
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Public Service Committee, Former Chair; Recruiting Committee, Former Chair
- American Bar Association
- The Institute for Energy Law, Sponsoring and Advisory Board Member
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance, Board of Directors
- Operation Breakthrough, Chair of the Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$