Steven Tepera, a member of Pillsbury’s Intellectual Property practice group, focuses his practice on patent prosecution and litigation in federal and state courts, with a record of efficient and conclusive victories.
A note to say thanks and commend Steven in his performance. It was obvious the Judge was very appreciative of Steven’s encyclopedic knowledge, clearly learning from him. Steven dedicates his practice to patent prosecution and civil litigation with emphasis in commercial and intellectual property disputes.
He also advises clients on the acquisition, management, and protection of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and copyrights. Steven’s strategy with all clients is to identify winning issues as quickly as possible to achieve an efficient victory.
As an aerospace engineer, Steven’s work focused on the defense sector, including the design of guided missile systems for a major U.S. defense contractor.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Top-Co Cementing Prods. Inc. v. Blackhawk Specialty Tools, LLC, 4:14-cv-01937 (S.D. Tex.). Lead counsel for plaintiff in patent infringement suit involving downhole oil development technology heavily used in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Customedia Techs. LLC v. DISH Network Corp., 2:16-cv-00129 (E.D. Tex.). Counsel in PTAB proceedings (IPRs and CBMRs), and multi-defendant patent infringement involving key technology in digital video recorders.
- Draft and prosecute patents in the oil & gas, aerospace, software, consumer products, and telecommunications spaces.
- Scanning Techs. Innovations LLC v. iConnect, 2:16-CV-01080, (E.D. Tex.). Lead counsel for defendant in patent infringement suit on technology used in small businesses, where all claims were dismissed against Steven’s clients.
- Sinkar v. Barrera, D-1-GN-13-000844 (419th Dist. Court, Travis Co.). Lead counsel for defendant in real estate litigation regarding fraud and deceptive trade practices for allegedly improper disclosures, where Steven forced a voluntary dismissal of all claims against his client.
- ETS Cablevision, Co. v. Integrated Broadband Servs., LLC, AAA proceeding 011600035258. Lead counsel in complex service agreement dispute between internet provider and backend service provider.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2005
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas, 2002
ADMISSIONS : Texas, Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- All State Courts in Texas
- All Federal Courts in Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$$