Steven W. Vazquez is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP and a member of the firm’s Transactional & Securities and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices. He is also a member of the firm’s Management Committee. Steven’s practice is concentrated in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.
He has worked with multiple private equity groups to manage aspects of transactions in regards to both buying and selling. Additionally, Steven has particular experience in the technology, healthcare, and healthcare information technology sectors.
Steven has represented issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and follow-on offerings and public companies in the areas of corporate governance and securities compliance.
He also has represented public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions, including advising boards of directors and special committees of independent directors on corporate governance matters, change in control issues, and anti-takeover strategies.
- Represented ComVest Investment Partners in its acquisition of publicly held NationsHealth, Inc., in a going private transaction.
- Represented Blackstreet Capital in its acquisition of VanDyke Restorers.
- Represented Blackstreet portfolio company Western Capital Resources in the disposition of one of its divisions.
- Represented Palm Beach Capital Partners in its acquisition and subsequent disposition of Unitrans.
- Represented Palm Beach Capital Partners in its investment in Interstate Transport, Inc., one of the fasted growing logistics providers in the United States.
- Represented several leading managed care insurance companies in sales and acquisitions transactions ranging in value from for $1.2 billion to $250 million.
- Represented publicly held Sykes Enterprises and FARO Technologies in several public offerings and strategic acquisitions.
Steven graduated with honors from the University of Florida College of Law, where he was elected to Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Florida Law Review and the Florida Tax Review. He received his bachelor’s degree in finance from Florida State University.
Representative Matters :
- Foley represented Care 1st Health Plan, a California Medicaid and Managed Care HMO, and its shareholders in the share of stock to Blue Shield of a California for $1.2 Billion.
- Coordinated with client-side management and information technology managers to design and implement document retention and social media policies.
- Represented Keystone North America (KNA) in the Federal Trade Commission investigation of the proposed acquisition of KNA, North America’s fifth largest provider of deathcare products and services, by Service Corporation International (SCI), North America’s largest provider of deathcare products and services.
- In connection with the regulatory review by the FTC, the parties consented to the entry of a decision and order and an order to hold separate and maintain assets pursuant to which SCI agreed to sell certain Keystone and SCI funeral home and cemetery assets.
Rate : $$$