Steven Block has over 30 years of experience representing clients of all sizes in transportation, logistics, and commercial litigation before courts and administrative bodies across the country. He counsels and represents local and national transportation service providers and consumers, as well as companies involved in a wide array of commercial disputes.
Steve’s comprehensive practice extends to all modes of transportation and logistics. He represents domestic and international maritime, trucking, aviation and railroad companies in litigation concerning cargo issues, licensing and regulatory matters before state and federal agencies, freight broker liability, freight charge disputes, employment and independent contractor matters, and insurance coverage.
He also prepares and provides consultation regarding transportation and logistics contracts, owner-operator leases, and shipping documentation. As a general commercial litigator, Steve is experienced in business, real estate and land use, intellectual property, and employment law.
- LL.M., Admiralty, Tulane Law School, 1994
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 1986
- M.A., Middlebury College, 1985
- Certificate, Moscow’s Pushkin Institute, 1983
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 1982
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Courts
- 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of International Trade
RECOGNITION : Washington Super Lawyers list, 2008-2018
- Association of Transportation Law Professionals
- Cardozo Society of Washington State
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
Rate : $$$$