Steven O. Weise is a partner in the Corporate Department and practices in all areas of commercial law. Steven’s experience in financing is extensive, especially in those secured by personal property, including structured financing.
He also handles matters involving California real property anti-deficiency laws, workouts, guarantees, sales of goods, equipment leasing, commercial paper and checks, letters of credit, and investment securities.
Steven’s experience covers e-commerce, contract law (including “plain English” drafting), legal opinions, and consumer credit law compliance matters. In addition, Steven lectures widely on commercial law topics and legal opinion letters and is the author of over 100 articles on these topics.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 1974
- Yale University, B.A., 1971
Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court, California, Central District
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Uniform Commercial Code Permanent Editorial Board
- TriBar Opinion Committee
- American Law Institute (Council; Uniform Commercial Code Article 9 Drafting Committee)
- California State Bar (Former Chair of Executive Committee of the Business Law Section, Committee of the Uniform Commercial Code)
Rate : $$$