Steven A. Wilcox focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing transactions (including public offerings and venture capital investments) and licensing and collaborations. Most of his clients are engaged in the biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
In addition to transactional work, he regularly counsels companies on a range of federal securities and corporate governance matters. Steve is a founder and former chair of the firm’s life sciences practice group.
Steve has been counsel to some of the world’s leading companies including Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Fresenius, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Millennium, Pfizer, Schering Plough, Smith & Nephew and Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
Steve has also represented medical research institutions such as Cleveland Clinic, The Massachusetts General Hospital and Rockefeller University in connection with the spin-off or commercialization of their promising technologies.
Steve has represented a number of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in the life sciences industry, and the companies they have created, including AgeneBio, Alzheon, Blossom Innovations, Eléme Medical, InfoBionic, Normoxys, Percardia, pHLIP, Inc., Point Therapeutics, Salient Surgical, Vapotherm and Verax Biomedical.
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 1980; Member, Boston College Law Review
- BA, summa cum laude, Boston College, 1977; Order of the Cross and Crown
- Massachusetts, 1981
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2011
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassMEDIC, AdvaMed and BIO
- Guest lectures on life sciences startup company dynamics at MIT and Harvard Medical School
- Member, Board of Directors of Greater Boston Legal Services, a legal aid charitable organization
Rate : $$$