Steven R. Wirth is a commercial and business litigator focusing a large percentage of his practice on corporate bankruptcy matters. He has participated in some of the largest bankruptcy cases in the United States, including WorldCom, Enron Corporation, Global Crossing Limited, Refco, Inc., Lehman Brothers, Bernard Madoff Investment Securities, Lyondell Chemical Company, and Winn Dixie Stores, Inc.
He is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy topics and creditor’s rights, including representing financial institutions and chapter 11 debtors, assignments for the benefit of creditors, involuntary bankruptcy strategies, and director and officer liability claims.
Steve represents debtors, creditors, examiners, trustees, corporate monitors, committees, secured and unsecured creditor groups/individuals, state and federal court receivers, distressed investors and asset buyers, and parties to high stakes bankruptcy-related litigation.
Steve has substantial experience representing officers and directors of public and private companies, advising them in times of financial concern, and in litigation involving breach of fiduciary duty and governmental investigations, typically resulting in permanent relief from future claims.
Steve also has significant experience with multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme cases, having represented both court-appointed receivers, investors and creditors in a number of SEC and state court receiverships, as well bankruptcy proceedings.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1998, Dean’s List; American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review, Senior Member; St. John’s Moot Court Honor Society, Senior Board; Excellence in Advanced Bankruptcy Seminar, Corpus Juris Secundum Award
- B.S., Ursinus College, 1995
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York; New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board of Directors
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American Inns of Court, Ferguson-White Inn, Barrister Member
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Member
- New York City Bar, Member
- Turnaround Underground, Tampa Chapter, Founding Member
Rate : $$$$