Steven K. Wood is a shareholder in the Firm’s Tax Group. Mr. Wood focuses his practice in the areas of federal and state income taxation, estate planning and administration, business law, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and tax-exempt organizations. Prior to his law career, Mr. Wood was a member of the tax practice of a national accounting firm and is a certified public accountant.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- University of Memphis, B.B.A, magna cum laude, 1978
- Tennessee, 1984
- United States Tax Court, 1985
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1990
Representative Matters :
- Represented sellers in $200+ million transaction involving five quarries and related operations in the Southeastern United States.
- Represented a privately-held mortgage company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to national bank for consideration in excess of $1 billion.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – Nashville Bar Association
- Board of Directors – Estate Planning Council of Middle Tennessee (2016 – 2019)
- Member – Brentwood United Methodist Church
Rate : $$$