Steven M. Zager is a jury trial lawyer who has established a winning reputation in courtrooms around the country. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants. His clients are global leaders in highly diverse industries, including communications, sports, health care, technology, professional services, chemicals, transportation, and food and beverage.
Clients seek Steve out not only because of the sheer breadth of his courtroom experience, but also because he will find the most efficient path to victory because he is highly skilled in litigation strategy.
Steve has the ability to see a case in totality and stay a step ahead of his opponents, delivering relevant arguments that yield favorable verdicts while being mindful of the cost of litigation and his clients’ business objectives.Steve has been recognized as one of the very best trial lawyers in the country by leading trade publications, including The American Lawyer, The ABA Journal and The National Law Journal. Chambers USA has described him as “an impressive trial lawyer” and lauded “his ability to command a courtroom.”
- Lead trial counsel in more than 300 cases.
- Nationally recognized jury trial lawyer.
- Counseled one of the world’s largest chemical companies in the prosecution of a trade secret case in Houston that ended in a verdict that was identified by the National Law Journal as one of the
- Representing a sponsor of World Cup soccer in connection with the investigation of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) by U.S. prosecutors for bribery and corruption on the part of FIFA officials.
- Served as counsel to a trade association in San Jose against a member who violated rules and procedures in a high-profile case in the entertainment industry. Defendant was enjoined from making a DVD player that could make persistent digital copies of DVD content
- Provided counsel to a Big Four accounting firm in connection with a suit brought by an international energy conglomerate over the failed acquisition of a business unit.
- Successfully defended one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies in the defense of national mass tort and consumer class action litigation in Baltimore, Chicago, Philadelphia and the District of Columbia.
- Elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Member, American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section.
- Officer/Director, State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association, Austin Bar Association, the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program and Legal Services of Central Texas.
- Board member, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- Board member, KLRU in Austin, Texas.
- Board member, Montgomery Bell Academy, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Member, American Intellectual Property Association.
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association.
- Board member, University of Vanderbilt University School of Law.
- Board member, Alley Theatre.
- Board member, Houston Nature Center and Arboretum.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 1979
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$