Stuart H. Coleman has counseled registered funds and their independent board members and market-leading investment advisers for more than 35 years, through cycles of industry expansion and innovation and in times of economic and regulatory crisis.
His clients include funds and/or boards in more than 30 well-known complexes (including those with registered hedge and private equity funds, ETFs and BDCs), with assets of almost 9% of all the money invested in investment companies.
Stuart also has represented board litigation committees and has served as an expert in a significant matter before the SEC and in private litigation.
A well-known individual in the industry, Stuart has chaired the New York City Bar Association Committee on Investment Management Regulation and has served on the ABA’s Task Force on the Fund Director’s Guidebook. In addition, he has spoken at numerous prominent industry conferences and before industry groups.
He is passionate about the performing arts in New York City. He and his wife serve on the boards of a number of dance companies and performing arts venues. Before joining Proskauer, Stuart was the co-managing partner of a national law firm for 12 years.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 1976
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
- Member, Investment Management Regulation Committee, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Chair, Investment Management Regulation Committee, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 2003-2006
- Member, Task Force on Fund Directors, American Bar Association
- New York City Ballet, Board Member
- Works & Process at the Guggenheim, Board Member
- Hunter College Dance Advisory Board, Member
Rate : $$$