Stuart Levi is co-head of Skadden’s Intellectual Property and Technology Group, and coordinates the firm’s outsourcing and privacy practices. Mr. Levi has a broad and diverse practice that includes outsourcing transactions, technology and intellectual property licensing, privacy and cybersecurity advice, fintech and blockchain matters, branding and distribution agreements, cloud computing agreements, technology transfers, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
His background in computer science, data privacy and the information technology industry allows Mr. Levi to understand the technology and business drivers underlying agreements and transactions in these areas. Representative projects on which Mr. Levi has worked include:
- McGraw-Hill Companies in the outsourcing of certain IT functions and services, finance and accounting services, and human resources services;
- American Express Company in the outsourcing of certain global printing operations;
- The Hartford Insurance Company in the outsourcing of human resources services;
- representing numerous companies in connection with data breaches and security audits, including companies in the health, insurance, financial services, manufacturing and publishing industries;
- representing numerous companies in drafting and implementing privacy and security policies and privacy notices, and complying with GLB, HIPAA, and federal and state requirements;
- MetLife, Inc. in the acquisition of the naming rights for MetLife Stadium (home of the N.Y. Jets and N.Y. Giants);
- The Walt Disney Company in its $4 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm Ltd.;
- Amadeus IT Group in its acquisition of Navitaire;
- United Online in its acquisition of Classmates.com;
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Levi was director of intellectual property for Reuters America Inc. and a vice president of Reuters NewMedia Inc. In these roles, he was responsible for all of Reuters’ technology and intellectual property matters. He also negotiated Reuters’ early stage investments in Yahoo!, Infoseek and Sportsline.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1986 (cum laude)
- B.A., Computer Science and Political Science, Columbia University, Columbia College, 1983 (magna cum laude)
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$