Stuart Miller, a shareholder in the Firm’s Houston office, has significant experience in representing health care clients in their corporate and regulatory matters. Mr. Miller represents hospitals, surgery centers, dialysis centers, labs, pharmacies, physician practices, management companies and imaging centers in preparing and negotiating various agreements including physician employment agreements, organizational documents, management agreements and offering documents.
He also regularly advises health care clients regarding compliance with the federal Anti-Kickback Act, the Stark Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the corresponding state laws and issues relevant legal opinions relating to such matters.
He serves as president of the Greater Houston Healthcare Alliance and is immediate past chair of the Houston Bar Association Health Law Section. From 2005 – 2015, Mr. Miller served as an adjunct professor at the University of Houston Clear Lake, where he taught a graduate level course on the legal aspects of health care administration.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Columbia University, B.A., 1995
ADMISSIONS : Texas
- Represented physicians in franchising surgery center concept.
- Prepared private placement memoranda and other related documentation for private offerings for hospitals, imaging centers and other clients in the health care industry.
- Advised health care clients on complying with the federal Anti-Kickback Act, the Stark Act and the HIPAA.
- Guided a publicly traded company through the divestiture of several surgery centers and various corporate matters.
- Represented company in purchase of hospital out of bankruptcy.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Texas Bar Association
- Member – Houston Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- President – Greater Houston Healthcare Alliance (2014 – 2016)
Rate : $$$