Stuart Hershman has focused his practice for over 30 years in the franchising, general dealership and distribution, and antitrust areas.
Stuart has structured, documented, and helped implement hundreds of franchise programs, dealership and distribution relationships, and intellectual property licensing arrangements in multiple industries.
He also has engaged in antitrust counseling, particularly in pricing, supply, and other dealership and distribution matters, for public and private companies.
Stuart has authored and co-authored, or contributed to, numerous publications, articles and seminar materials on franchising and antitrust. He has spoken at the International Franchise Association’s Annual Legal Symposium, Legal Roundtables, Business Roundtables and Certified Franchise Executive programs; the American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising; and other franchise law-related meetings and training sessions.
- Author, “Risky Business: Effects of New Joint Employer Standards for Small Firms —Testimony before the US House Small Business Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations,” International Franchising Association, March 17, 2016
- Co-author, “Annual Franchise and Distribution Law Developments 2011,” American Bar Association
- Co-editor and co-author, “Financial Performance Representations: The New and Updated Earnings Claims,” American Bar Association (2009)
- General Counsel to International Franchise Association, Washington, DC (November 2016 – Present) Co-Assistant General Counsel (September 2014 – October 2016)
- Member, Illinois Attorney General Illinois Franchise Advisory Board (2009 – present) Chairperson (since Summer 2012)
- Member, International Franchise Association Supplier Forum Advisory Board (February 2011 – February 2017)
- Member, 2010 Nominating Committee, ABA Forum on Franchising Governing Committee
- American Bar Association
- ABA Antitrust Section
- ABA Forum on Franchising
- J.D., University of Michigan 1984
- B.A., University of Michigan 1981
Rate : $$$