Sujey S. Herrera focuses her practice in the areas of international litigation and arbitration. She was born in Nicaragua and is fluent in Spanish. Her professional experience ranges from representing clients in issues relating to distributorship disputes, construction disputes, investor claims under NAFTA, and other business disputes.
This experience includes representing clients to resolve legal issues relating to, for example, forum non conveniens, arbitrability, comity, and enforceability of arbitral awards.
Sujey has served as counsel, both in Spanish and in English, before many of the important arbitral institutions, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), the American Arbitration Association (AAA), and the Inter-American Commercial Arbitration Commission (IACAC).
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida International University, B.A., summa cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- All State Courts – Florida
Professional Affiliations :
- Vice-Chair, International Arbitration Committee, ABA Section of International Law
- Co-chair, Nominations Committee, Organization of Women in International Trade’s International Business Woman of the Year Awards
Rate : $$$$