Summer Craig is Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department. Summer represents clients in a variety of complex commercial litigations, with particular emphasis in the areas of insurance and reinsurance.
Her representations include:
- Representing Berkshire Hathaway-owned insurers in nationwide litigations challenging business practices.
- Obtaining dismissal of litigation against reinsurance company alleging violations of the Donnelly Act, New York State’s antitrust law.
- Representing global life insurance company in arbitration seeking rescission of a billion dollar acquisition through reinsurance of a block of disability insurance policies.
- Representing insurer in a multibillion-dollar arbitration in which her client was found to have no obligation to provide non-products coverage to an asbestos insulation installer.
- Counseling corporate clients regarding insurance, asbestos and other mass tort issues in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, loans and securities offerings.
Summer is also committed to pro bono work, most recently representing a trafficking victim in civil litigation under the Fair Labor Standards Act. She has also represented the City of New York in several matters, including a False Claims Act suit brought the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York alleging health care fraud.
Summer received her J.D. in 2002 from Cornell Law School. She received her B.A., cum laude, from Dartmouth College in 1997 where she graduated with High Honors in History. She is admitted to practice in New York.
- Cornell Law School, 2002 J.D.
- Dartmouth College, 1997 B.A.
- Cum Laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- New York 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$