Sung Park is an associate in the Life Sciences Health Industry Group in the Washington D.C. office. His practice focuses on providing regulatory counsel to companies developing, distributing, and marketing FDA-regulated products, and responding to regulatory and administrative enforcement actions by federal and state agencies such as FDA, USDA, and state Attorneys General offices.
In particular, Sung has counseled companies on designing regulatory routes for food and drug products, reviewed product labels and promotional materials, and worked with FDA district offices and headquarters to minimize any potential regulatory risk and to ensure the companies’ supply chain is not disrupted.
As a bilingual attorney who has worked with many international companies, Sung understands the concerns international manufacturers and distributors have when attempting to market their product in the United States.
- George Washington University Law School, 2014, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2010, B.S., Biology
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- Washington D.C. (pending), supervised by principals of the firm
- Counsels clients on responding to and reducing the risk of FDA enforcement actions.
- Counsels clients regarding the legality and enforcement risk associated with marketing claims on food and beverage labels.
- Assists clients with compliance obligations for low-acid canned foods and acidified foods.
- Reviews labels, labeling, and claims made for food, dietary supplements, OTC / Rx drugs, and medical devices, and represents companies during FDA enforcement actions for alleged labeling violations.
- Represents clients whose products are detained or refused by FDA during importation.
Rate : $$$$