Susan O. Cunningham has more than 25 years of experience in commercial finance and commercial real estate. She represents and advises clients with many types of commercial transactions with an emphasis in acquisition, development, leasing (national retail tenants), and other commercial real estate investments.
Susan’s comprehensive real estate experience includes representation of owners, developers, investors, financial institutions and title companies in a wide variety of matters.
Representative Experience :
- Supported legal department of financial institution on transaction matters relating to corporate finance customer loans (syndicated and agented loans of $50 million to over $1 billion) to national commodity marketing cooperatives and utility generation and transmission entities.
- In-house counsel for commercial real estate investment and development company, with emphasis on acquisition, development and disposition of shopping centers and build-to-suit for national retail tenants.
- Represented nationwide client base of owners (including joint ventures and public-private partnerships), investors, lenders and REITs in various commercial real estate finance and transactional matters.
- Represented syndicators, owners, nonprofits, developers and investors in affordable housing projects, including LIHTC, HOPE VI and other mixed-finance projects
- University of Iowa, College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Journal of Corporation Law, Editor
- University of Iowa, College of Business (B.B.A., 1984)
Professional Memberships and Activities : State Bar of Colorado
Other Professional Experience :
- CoBank, Contract Counsel (2010-2011)
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP, Contract Counsel (2010)
- Cadence Capital Investments LLC, General Counsel, Commercial Real Estate Development & Investment (2007-2010)
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP, Of Counsel (2004-2007)
- Nixon Peabody LLP, Partner (1998-2004)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions : Supreme Court of Colorado
Rate : $$$