Susan Stanley focuses her practice on banking and financial services, where she translates complex requirements into practical solutions.
Susan has more than 34 years of experience in banking matters including compliance with federal and state banking laws, mergers and acquisitions, structural and corporate governance issues, charter conversions and holding company formations.
She has a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory and legal requirements that have an impact on banks and bank holding companies, including risk, compliance, BSA/AML, Fair Lending and the Community Reinvestment Act.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal and state banking laws and regulations and development of effective responses to regulatory examination comments
- Provides advice concerning corporate governance, including best practices, board and management committee structure and the development of corporate policies and programs that meet regulatory expectations
- Counsels on the regulatory aspects of bank mergers and acquisitions, including drafting Bank Merger Act and Bank Holding company applications and managing the regulatory approval process
- Provides advice relating to structuring and implementing state to federal charter, mutual holding company and mutual-to-stock conversions
- Counsels on holding company formations
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Town of Cheshire – Charter Revision Commission (2016-2017)
Rate : $$$