Susan Stoffer practices in executive compensation and employee benefits law. Sue has spent more than 25 years, including many years with a large international law firm based in New York, counseling clients on equity and non-equity incentive plans and complex retirement plan and health and welfare plan compliance issues.
Sue also served as the in-house employee benefits counsel for Time Warner Inc., assisting the company with challenging merger and acquisition issues as they related to a multitude of compensation and benefits arrangements covering a wide-spectrum of employee classifications.
- Fordham University School of Law, JD (1986)
- University of Illinois, BA (1980)
Admissions: Georgia , New York
- Experienced in executive compensation plan design and funding alternatives
- Experienced in Section 409A compliance and corrections, including compensation and benefits aspects of employment agreements and severance arrangements
- Counsels clients with respect to defined benefit and defined contribution plan design and complex testing issues, including qualified separate line of business testing
- Experienced in welfare plan compliance, PPACA healthcare reform, HIPAA, COBRA, and retiree welfare arrangements
- Experience dealing with collectively bargained pension and healthcare issues, including negotiation of such matters
Previous Professional Experience:
- Previous work for another Atlanta law firm
- Previous work at a large international firm headquartered in New York
- Served as in-house employee benefits counsel for Time Warner Inc.
- Labor and Employment Section, Employee Benefits Committee, American Bar Association
- IRS Employee Plans Council (Alumnus, Gulf Coast Region)
- Executive Resource Board, Lee Hecht Harrison
- Pension Editorial Advisory Board, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business — CCH and Aspen Publishers
Rate : $$$$