Susan E. Egeland is an experienced litigation and trial lawyer who is known for her results-oriented and client-focused approach. Susan has defended hundreds of cases from inception through resolution by dismissal, settlement or trial.
Her litigation experience stretches across numerous industries, including the defense of product manufacturers, corporations, insurance companies, financing institutions, premises owners and individuals in product liability and business litigation.
She has also defended clients in employment disputes, large commercial cases, toxic tort litigation, construction liens and cases related to fire casualty and property loss.
Susan understands that the first step to advocacy is listening to her client’s needs and objectives so she can work for the best result for each particular client on each particular issue.
Susan is a frequent speaker on topics ranging from expert witness deposition strategy, employer liability and intentional tort claims to alternative fee arrangements and matters relating to the effective and efficient practice of law.
- Defended schools and an educational research corporation in employment disputes over negligent hiring, training and supervision.
- Managed national defense for a major retailer in products liability cases pending in California, Texas and Arkansas, with case handling from initial pleadings through resolution, including trial.
- Defended manufacturers of products including industrial equipment, household appliances, paint and coatings, chemicals, toys, and others in national litigation.
- Defended employment disputes on behalf of large corporations, small businesses and physician practice groups.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Rice University, B.A., 2000
Bar Admissions : Arkansas, Illinois, Mississippi, New York, Oklahoma, Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$