Susan M. Galli is a partner in the life sciences and intellectual property transactions practice groups. She focuses her practice on advising pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and other technology companies on licensing, collaboration and research agreements, joint ventures, asset acquisitions and divestitures, and other major transactions.
Susan also advises research institutions on developing vehicles for translational research and on structuring transactions with industry, the government and other institutions.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1984
- BA, summa cum laude, Williams College, 1978
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1985
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Licensing Executives Society
- Association of University Technology Managers
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
Susan has been a faculty member for continuing legal education programs on numerous licensing and research topics. She served on a Massachusetts Biotechnology Council committee focusing on transactions between industry and research institutions. Susan is on the boards of the Women’s Bar Foundation and Powers Music School in Belmont.
- Represented a large biotech company in a broad-based research collaboration and commercialization agreement with a university in the gene therapy and gene editing fields.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals in a strategic collaboration with Blueprint Medicines to discover, develop and commercialize novel drug candidates for rare genetic diseases.
- Represented Pfizer Inc. in connection with its Centers for Therapeutic Innovations and transactions for its Global Biotherapeutics, Rare Disease and Immunoscience units.
- Represented Massachusetts General Hospital and the Broad Institute in a strategic collaboration with Amgen to jointly discover and validate new therapeutic targets and develop novel therapies for inflammatory bowel disease.
- Represented Psivida, an ophthalmics company, in its collaboration and license agreements with Bausch & Lomb, Pfizer and Alimera.
- Represented AGTC in its collaboration agreement with Genzyme and agreements with universities.
- Represented venture-backed biotechnology, device and engineering spin-offs from research institutions including Harvard, MIT, UCLA and MGH.
Rate : $$$$