Susan M. Hwang is a special counsel in the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Ms. Hwang has experience in intellectual property, advertising and Internet law. She handles matters involving trademark, patent, copyright, false advertising, dilution, counterfeiting, trade dress, trade name, and unfair trade practices issues and disputes in a wide range of industries.
Ms. Hwang has experience in the prosecution of intellectual property matters including applications, oppositions and cancellations. She also handles opinion letters, infringement risk analysis, and related litigation, including Trademark Trial and Appeal Board oppositions and cancellations.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, Business Manager, UCLA Law Review, 2000
- B.S., Biology, Yale University, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Eastern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Represented well-known battery manufacturer as plaintiff in various counterfeiting and infringement actions, resulting in favorable settlements.
- Represented computer keyboard manufacturer as plaintiff in copyright infringement action, resulting in cease and desist of activities and favorable settlement.
- Represented nutrition and dietary supplement company as plaintiff in various domain name UDRP dispute proceedings, resulting in successful transfer of domain names.
- Assisted celebrity dog trainer with clearance, filing and prosecution of her portfolio of U.S. trademark registrations.
- Assisted celebrity skin care expert with licensing of intellectual property, including name and likeness, in connection manufacture and distribution of skin care products.
- Assisted Internet division of well-known motion picture studio and entertainment company with drafting and negotiating intellectual property licenses and drafting sweepstakes and contests rules and regulations.
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Association (LAIPLA)
Rate : $$$$