Susan Jackson focuses her practice on patents, trademarks, copyrights, and unfair competition, as well as client counseling, licensing, and opinion work. She places particular emphasis on patent and trademark preparation and prosecution.
Ms. Jackson has a chemical engineering background and has experience in chemical and materials-related inventions in the areas of specialty chemicals, chemistry, additives, surfactants, pigments, antimicrobials, energy, fuel cells, materials, textiles, films, fibers, nonwovens, polymers, bioengineering, and medical devices.
Ms. Jackson also has experience in patent preparation and prosecution for mechanical and computer software-related inventions.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, JD (1997)
- Clemson University, BS, Chemical Engineering, magna cum laude (1994)
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Experience in representing companies with large trademark and patent portfolios, both U.S. and foreign
- Experience in providing opinions including patentability, non-infringement, and invalidity opinions
- Represents clients on trademark matters across a range of industries including manufacturing, retail, technology, computer, and other industries
- Experience in representing financial and other service institutions in intellectual property matters including patent, trademark, licensing, and opinion work
Previous Professional Experience : In-house intellectual property lawyer, Clariant Corporation
- North Carolina Bar Association, Women In Profession Committee (2011)
- Charlotte Women’s Bar, Chapter of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Carolina Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Association, member
- Wake Forest School of Law, Law Alumni Council (2007-2009)
Rate : $$$$