Susan Kidwell, a partner in the Firm’s appellate practice group, has represented clients in a variety of complex appellate matters, including cases she has argued before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits, the Supreme Court of Texas, the Supreme Court of Tennessee, and intermediate appellate courts in Texas and California.
Although her appellate practice is broad, Susan has particular experience in matters involving arbitration, judicial review of administrative orders, statutory construction, contract construction, mortgage litigation, and personal jurisdiction.
Susan began her appellate career as a law clerk for the Supreme Court of Texas. She is also licensed to practice in California, where she has worked on appeals in the California Supreme Court and the California Courts of Appeal.
Susan is also a passionate advocate for pro bono work to promote access to justice. She is the Past President of Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas and she has handled numerous pro bono appeals throughout her career.
- J.D., with honors , The University of Texas School of Law, 2001
- Ph.D., Musicology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1993
- M.M., Music History, Northwestern University, 1984
- B.A., Music and Economics, with high honors, Wesleyan University, 1982
- Texas, 2001
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$