Susan Kiernan is a senior counsel in the Providence office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice on public finance. She has served as bond counsel and counsel to issuers, underwriters, banks and borrowers on numerous taxable and tax-exempt debt financings.
A significant portion of her practice involves structuring and completing complicated project financings for the benefit of nonprofit organizations including hospitals, nursing homes, continuing care retirement communities, cultural institutions, public and private universities and preparatory schools.
She has also worked on financings for a variety of governmental agencies and instrumentalities, particularly water and waste water systems. Sue also has experience with student loan financings. Sue’s finance experience includes drafting primary financing documents, including indentures, loan and trust agreements, official statements, purchase contracts, blue sky memoranda, legislation and opinions.
- Served as bond counsel to the Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corporation, Rhode Island Student Loan Authority, and Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Serves as underwriter’s counsel to various investment banking firms, both locally and in New York
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- J.D., Roger Williams University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1995
- Rhode Island, 2002
- Massachusetts, 2003
Rate : $$$