Practicing in the area of employee benefits and executive compensation, Susan N. Lubow handles all areas of employee benefits law, including matters related to qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans, executive compensation, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) compliance.
With more than two decades of experience, she counsels employers regarding the implementation, design and administration of their employee benefits programs, finding practical solutions for clients when legal compliance and business challenges arise.
By providing information in a thoughtful, understandable way, Susan helps clients process the often complicated aspects of employee benefits compliance, enabling them to better focus on their business objectives.
Susan strives to highlight all available options for meeting employee benefits goals and resolving benefits challenges in order to give her clients the knowledge and ability to make fully informed decisions for each unique situation.
- Assisted various benefits committees, boards of directors and plan trustees in fiduciary training and enhancement review to ensure adherence with plan fiduciary duties and corporate structure.
- Counseled a privately held company with an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) of the documentation and administrative requirements necessary to comply with ESOP regulations, including diversification, voting and distribution requirements.
- Advised a large retail client in the review and implementation of a change in its plan record keeper, including assistance with the analysis of administrative systems and compliance and changes in plan documentation and employee communications.
- Assisted clients in negotiating and implementing benefits provided to collectively bargained employees, providing analysis, documentation and employee communication support for union-negotiated changes in benefits structures.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
- Women of Temple Israel (2009 to 2014)
- Oberlin Alumni Council Executive Committee (2014)
- Oberlin College Alumni Leadership Council (2014 to present)
- Oberlin Alumni Trustee Search Committee (2007 to 2012)
- Temple Israel Cantorial Search Committee, Chair (2010)
- National Council of Jewish Women, Columbus Section: Member
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1995
- B.A., Oberlin College and Conservatory, 1990
- B.M., Oberlin College and Conservatory, 1990
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Rate : $$$$