Susan Myres is a family law attorney located in Houston, Texas. She is a Certified Family Law Specialist, certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Susan has over 35 years of experience practicing family law in Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Waller County, Brazoria County, and the surrounding Greater Houston areas.
Susan’s primary skill is the ability to utilize the details and still focus on the big picture to find options for solutions. An ability that is important in complex property and custody cases.
Susan earned her BS from the University of Kansas in 1979 and her JD from the University of Houston Law Center in 1982. She was admitted to the Texas Bar in the same year and today can appear before the U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, the U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of Texas.
A background in business allows her to work through complex business issues involving the characterization and valuation of a business, closely held business interests, characterization of property, financial documentation and the interplay with the marital estate.
Susan stays abreast of leading mental health issues that intersect with family law including mood disorders, high conflict personality disorders, addiction and abuse prevention issues so that she can use tools and resources to maximize the benefits to her clients and their families.
Susan utilizes all forms of dispute resolution from supporting clients who have worked out their own agreements, mediation, arbitration, collaborative law and traditional litigation working to use what is the right fit for the client. She and her entire team are known for establishing a close cooperation with their clients, working together to determine and reach the goals in the best interests of them and their children.
Her expertise is regularly sought by other attorneys, and Susan lectures frequently on cutting edge family law topics. She is involved in several professional associations, including the Texas Bar Association, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Executive Committee), the International Academy of Family Lawyers (Manager for the USA Chapter), Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists, and many others. Susan is the recipient of the 2016 Dave Gibson Award for Professionalism and Excellence in the Practice of Family Law, presented by the Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists.
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law, Texas 1988
- Admitted to the State Bar, Texas 1982
- Admitted to the United States District Courts, The Northern District of Texas
- Admitted to the United States District Courts, The Southern District of Texas
- Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit and the Supreme Court of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, J.D., 1982
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, B.S., 1979
- Collaborative Lawyers of Houston and Texas, Member, 2011 – Present
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Secretary, 2011 – Present
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member, 2004 – Present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member, 1998 – Present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 1998 – Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member, 1990 – Present
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member, 1989 – Present
Rate : $$$