Susan L. Saslow’s practice focuses on representing investors, owners, developers and lenders in complex real estate transactions.
Her practice focuses on all aspects of real estate transactional matters, including commercial acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, real estate finance, construction, development and leasing, involving all types of assets.
Susan has extensive experience advising institutional clients, private investors and developers in sophisticated debt and equity financings, counseling both borrowers and lenders in complex transactions involving multistate, multiproperty portfolios; mezzanine financings; securitized loan originations; construction loans; and loan participations.
- Represented Savanna in its $126 million purchase of a 12-story office building, with ground-floor retail, located in the NoMad neighborhood of Manhattan. Savanna plans to transform the property by undertaking strategic renovations and repositioning the ground-floor retail.
- Represented Savanna in the acquisition and financing of 95 Evergreen Avenue, a 170,000-square-foot warehouse building in Bushwick, Brooklyn that was originally constructed as the historic Schlitz Brewery and is currently being redeveloped for retail and office use.
- Represented Savanna in connection with securing $45 million in financing for the commercial building located at 1825 Park Avenue in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City. The office and retail building is 12 stories with 135,000 square feet of space and is located in Harlem’s 125th Street corridor.
- Represented World Wide Group in the acquisition of SkyHouse Raleigh, an ultra-luxury residential tower in Raleigh, North Carolina for $103 million, setting a new Triangle market record for multifamily properties.
- Represented Vanbarton Group in the $133 million acquisition of Riverdale Crossing, a 159,037 square-foot shopping center in the Bronx.
- Represented a joint venture between two prominent real estate investment companies in the $100 million sale of a portfolio of multifamily buildings, all located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The representation also included the modification of the existing financing covering the portfolio to allow for the release of the properties and the partial assignment of the mortgage to buyer’s lender (as such existing financing covers other properties not subject to the sale and will remain in place following closing), and the modification of the joint venture between the partners.
- Represented Savanna in the sale of a Class A office building located at 100 Wall Street in Lower Manhattan to Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors for $275 million. Savanna was able to make significant capital improvements to the 29-story building since they acquired it in 2011.
- Represented Savanna, in a joint venture with KBS Capital Advisors, in the acquisition of 110 William Street. The 32-story office tower, sold for $261 million, is located in Manhattan’s Financial District.
- Represented Savanna in the sale of 415 Eighth Avenue in Manhattan, a development site uniquely located across from Penn Station, the newly renovated Madison Square Garden, and the Farley Post Office/future Moynihan Station.
- Represented a national insurance company on the financing of a major office building in midtown Manhattan.
- Advised a real estate private equity company in the acquisition, development and construction financing of a building to be developed into a residential condominium complex in New York City.
- Represented a national petroleum company in the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 35 gas station sites located throughout New Jersey.
- Represented a foreign investor in the $205 million sale of a large office building located in New York City.
- Represented a tenant in a lease of office space consisting of 19,800 square feet in New York City.
- Represented a REIT in connection with a $18.5 million mortgage loan secured by a large hotel tower currently under construction in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan.
- Represented a commercial bank in a $15 million acquisition financing.
- Represented a REIT in the $104 million sale of a 25 story mixed-use building in Manhattan’s Financial District.
- Represented World Wide Group in its $110 million construction financing of a project in Long Island City, the project will contain several high-rise residential buildings as well as retail and a parking garage.
- Represented Savanna Partners in the sale of a 26-story office building located at 2 Rector Street in Lower Manhattan for $140 million
- JD, Albany Law School, 1996
- BA, Wesleyan University, 1993
- New York
Rate : $$$$