Susan Wheat is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Susan primarily works in the Investment Management Practice Group, assisting investment funds, investment advisors, and commodity pool operators and traders with formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
Susan also assists various clients with regulatory compliance, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Form 13H, Form 13F, Form D and Form ADV.
Susan has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Assisting with structuring and forming business entities, including partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters.
- Assisting with the representation of clients in private placements of securities.
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2017, SMU Law Review Association, Staff Editor
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, 2014, with honors
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2017
Rate : $$$