Susannah S. Geltman is a Partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department where she represents clients in a wide range of high-stakes, complex commercial litigation matters including securities, class action, insurance and reinsurance coverage and shareholder derivative disputes.
Her work involves the representation of corporations, financial institutions, private equity firms, and national insurers, as well as boards of directors, board committees, and executives. She has extensive trial and arbitration experience and also advises clients in internal investigations and corporate transactions.
Susannah’s representative experience includes:
- Sirius XM and its CEO in the dismissal of a shareholder derivative action related to the Sirius-XM merger
- Blackstone in a multi-billion securities class action arising from its IPO
- Morgan Stanley in shareholder derivative litigations relating to auction rate securities and subprime securities trading
- Deutsche Bank in residential mortgage-backed securities litigations
- American Nuclear Insurers in insurance coverage trial concerning hundreds of radiation injury claims
- Berkshire Hathaway-managed insurers in litigation and arbitration concerning asbestos claims
- Global defense manufacturer in international arbitration against breach of contract claims under government requirements contract
Susannah has also represented clients on a pro bono basis in a number of areas, including a federal habeas corpus proceeding, dismissal of a discriminatory employment practices claim against a non-profit organization, and immigration and divorce matters. Most recently, Susannah filed a brief amici curiae on behalf of 15 organizations in connection with the appeal of a family court’s application of the New York Family Court Act in a child neglect case.
Susannah was recently named to Benchmark Litigation’s inaugural “Under 40 Hot List,” which honors the achievements of the nation’s most accomplished legal partners under the age of 40. Susannah joined the Firm following her graduation in 2006 from Cornell Law School, cum laude, where she served on the Cornell Law Review. She received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Cornell University in 2003. She is admitted to practice in New York.
- Cornell Law School, 2006 J.D.
- cum laude; Cornell Law Review
- Cornell University, 2003 B.A.
- magna cum laude
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 2008
Rate : $$$$