Sushant Mohan focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation with a focus on the energy industry. He draws on his business background in developing his practice. Prior to law school, Sushant worked for a public accounting firm, where he focused on financial audits of publicly traded companies. He continues to hold a non-practicing (inactive) license as a Texas Certified Public Accountant.
During law school, Sushant was a member of the interscholastic moot court team and also served as an editor of the Houston Law Review, where he earned an award for Best Paper in the area of Employment Law as well as an award for Best Notes and Comments Editor.
- Served as a member of the trial team that represented a shareholder and executive in a multiclaim action against a co-shareholder involving breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud and negligence. Drafted various dispositive and non-dispositive motions and assisted in preparation for the trial, which lasted three weeks. The client prevailed at jury trial.
- Served as a member of the litigation team that represented an oil and gas lessee in a multiparty lawsuit involving claims of trespass, fraud and suit to quiet title. Handled various aspects of lawsuit, including discovery and dispositive motions, and successfully helped navigate case to a favorable settlement for the client.
- Served as lead associate in an OSHA-initiated action before the OSHRC related to a workplace accident and successfully had all claims against the client vacated and withdrawn without any penalties assessed.
- Served as lead associate in the successful representation of an energy company after injury to a third party by a company vehicle. Responsible for case-related research as well as preparing materials for mediation. The case settled favorably for the client.
- Garland R. Walker American Inns of Court
- University of Houston Law Center: Moot Court Coach
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2014, cum laude, Order of the Barons, Houston Law Review, Moot Court Team
- M.P.A., Professional Accounting, The University of Texas, 2010
- B.B.A., Business Administration, The University of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2015
Rate : $$$$