Susie S. Park focuses her practice on international trade with an emphasis on economic sanctions and export controls law and compliance. Ms. Park has experience preparing OFAC license applications, BIS CCATS requests and license applications, and disclosures, as well as developing and implementing effective compliance programs in line with sanctions and export controls. In addition, she assists clients by conducting internal investigations of multinationals relating to potential violations of anti-corruption laws.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Park was an associate in the international trade group at another law firm in Washington D.C. Ms. Park has also worked for several government bodies in the United States, as a judicial intern in the Massachusetts Superior Court, a legal intern in the California Attorney General’s Office and a law clerk in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division.
- Yale University, B.A., Economics and International Studies, 2011, cum laude, International Studies (with distinction), Gordon Grand Fellow
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2016, Deputy Executive Editor and Technical Editor of Harvard International Law Journal
- District of Columbia
- American Society of International Law
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Association of Women in International Trade
- Counselled major U.S. and foreign corporations on a broad range of export and sanctions compliance matters involving the Commerce Department, State Department, and Treasury Department (OFAC).
- Prepared a prior disclosure, administrative protest and other filings before U.S. Customs and Border Protection and developed and implemented a customs compliance program.
- Assisted a foreign producer and importer in an antidumping/countervailing litigation and settlement.
- Represented a national trade association in a safeguards proceeding before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. Trade Representative.Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
Rate : $$$