Suzanne Y. Badawi is a special counsel in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Suzanne Badawi is an insurance attorney who litigates disputes in state and federal courts and provides insurance companies with coverage advice. Her focus is insurance law (bad faith litigation and coverage in both the first- and third-party contexts) and professional liability law.
Ms. Badawi manages cases from inception of litigation through trial or other disposition. She has achieved successful results in numerous lawsuits involving claims of insurance bad faith, breach of contract, fraud and negligence. Examples of her case achievements are listed under the Experience tab. In addition, she advises insurance companies regarding coverage, policy interpretation and policy drafting. Ms. Badawi’s approach is to litigate cases successfully and cost effectively, with regular communication, to ensure client objectives are met.
Ms. Badawi is a member of the Insurance Litigation and Professional Liability Industry Teams at the Firm. Ms. Badawi is an appointed member of the California State Bar Committee on Professional Liability Insurance, which administers the bar-sponsored lawyers Errors & Omissions insurance program.
Ms. Badawi was selected for Fellowship in the Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society. The LCA is a trial lawyer honorary society whose membership is limited to less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation. Ms. Badawi is also a frequent lecturer on legal ethics, professional liability law, and insurance law, in California.
- J.D., Syracuse Law School, cum laude
- B.A. University of Maryland at College Park
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- Appointed Member, California State Bar Committee on Professional Liability Insurance (COPLI)
- Member, Litigation Section and the Law Practice Management and Technology Section of the California Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
Rate : $$$